The Litecast XT system is a cost effective thermal beam and block flooring solution and alternative to conventional methods with a layer of sheet insulation. The system is a highly efficient and progressive flooring solution, whereby polystyrene infill panels are contained within and beneath the floor beams, thus eliminating any cold bridging and achieving high thermal efficiency. The XT system can achieve U Values ranging from 0.20w/m²K to 0.10w/m²K. The system is available for use in conjunction with our 150mm floor beams and can be used in situations where the Imposed Load does not exceed 5.0kN/m². The system is to be used at ground floor level, achieving thermal efficiency to the property in which it is being applied.
Litecast's XT system has various advantages, these include:
- Sheet insulation not required.
- All of the materials required for the floor (excluding Screed and DPM) are sourced from Litecast Homefloors.
- Recognised, KIWA BDA certified system.
- Less labour intensive on site.
- Can be used in conjunction with under-floor heating.
- No cold bridging
- All weather construction
- Less labour intensive